Saturday, December 6, 2014

DIY Air Plant Terrarium Container

The glass terrarium containers that shaped liked an apple, are quite expensive and they can break when drop or knock. I think it is not safe unless they are placed or hanged at area not accessible by people. But then it will defeat the purpose of the transparent glass materials that people want to enjoy.

I have thought of an idea! I will use plastic bottles and cut them into halves. The top half I would make a couple of holes to use as hanging points. I make sure that I use clear, transparent plastic bottles instead of colored opaque types. This will be used for plants and we need unfiltered lights to pass through for the plants that will be in the containers. I put some pebbles for decoration. You can use some icons or small branches as decors.

This is one of the DIY terrarium that I have made. Feel free to comment or email me for details.

DIY terrarium container

2 comments:

  1. The glass terrarium containers that shaped liked an apple, are quite expensive and they can break when drop or knock. I think it is not safe ... terrariumcontainers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the glass containers are not safe to use as it will break easily. That is why I made the DIY plastic container using used PET bottle.

    ReplyDelete